Monday, July 11, 2016

Essential Oils



Recently I reconnected with a friend after several years of not seeing/talking to her. We talked about the last few years and how we both went through some rough times. Hers were, admittedly, more difficult and longer lasting then mine, but everyone’s paths are different. She also told me how she had been introduced to essential oils through a specific company and how using those oils helped heal her mentally and physically. She brought this up both due to my expressed stress and that I am looking for work. I have long been a proponent of doing things in a way that is good for your body and the environment. Over the last several years I’ve experimented with using herbs, oils, and other natural ingredients for personal care products and items to heal my ailments instead of “traditional” products and medicines. I don’t always use them to the exclusion of more readily available/usable items though due to the time it takes to make some of them. With that news my friend suggested I sit in on a class of sorts put on by another friend of hers on the topic of essential oils. Much of the class talked about things I already knew, but let me know that the company offers pre-mixed blends of things meant to help relieve pre-determined states such as stress, pain, cold/allergies, etc. In addition the classes are a way for the company to offer revenue to loyal customers who are willing to promote the products by giving classes and providing information to friends, acquaintances, etc. While I understand what the company is trying to do with the business model, it is not one that I like and anytime anyone offers me a job like that I feel uncomfortable. I also, don’t agree with all of the company’s policies, although they are better than most companies when it comes to being environmental. In any case, armed with the knowledge that companies that sell items I approve of may be looking for distributors or affiliates to advertise for monetary compensation I looked to my preferred online herb, oil, organic and natural apothecary company to see if they offered a program. Sure enough they do, so I am applying to be an affiliate of theirs. Even if they do not think I am a good fit, you will be seeing more posts related to boosting your health through the use of herbs, oils, minerals and the like.

No comments:

Post a Comment