Monday, July 11, 2016

Making Music With Your Phone

This was one of my favorite assignments. For one thing I love playing with new apps. New is so often more fun to explore than the things you already know. For this project I downloaded 7 different apps after looking at at least 15 or 20. The apps I downloaded were Iphone versions of Take and Figure by Propellerhead, Dubstep, Babby Scratch, Keezy, Keezy Drummer and Launchpad. I played with these anytime I had a spare moment whether or not I was actually thinking about the assignment. I was playing with them so often that my boyfriend got tired of hearing them and whenever I stopped to work on something else would say, Thank goodness.

I eventually decided to use the Launchpad app. I played around with the various sound sets and decided on the House2 set. I played around with those sounds for another few days and then with a basic concept of what I wanted to do recorded an improvised song using all of the sections of sounds, the EQ pad, and the beat and wave changing pads.

This may have been the easiest song to make because I didn’t really have to make everything fit together perfectly, it just did.

No comments:

Post a Comment